Why Do Life Sciences Industry Need Social Media?
Social media is everywhere. With a smartphone in almost every pocket, customers expect answers at the touch of a button thus social media is a great way to communicate with customers quickly. Most companies in the healthcare sector use social media as a strategic communication tool. In fact, implementing a social strategy that makes sense and is consistent with your brand could be a way to get ahead of your competition.
Why Do Life Sciences Industry Need Social Media?
Because it is a gateway for direct communication with customers, targeted advertisements towards prospects, and increase brand exposure for your company. To carry out these strategies and achieve your communicative objectives, it is essential to have high detailed scientific illustrations and videos to surprise your target audience.
Some advantages of using social media:
- It helps improve sales.
- Wider audience reach.
- Generation of potential customers with social media.
- Social media efforts generate more exposure for your business.
- Nearly one-third of the world regularly uses social media.
Steps to be a social media pro:
1. Set SMART Goals
Setting goals when you begin any new initiative is an important first step. In 3DforScience we are specialist in medical and scientific communication and in this way we recommend a few goals to clients when they’re starting their social media efforts include:
- Increase website traffic: Dig into your Google Analytics to see how much traffic you’re generally getting on your site on a monthly basis.
- Post educational content: Commit to posting to your platforms on a regular basis with the majority of posts being informative. Position yourself as an authoritative resource, as opposed to being too self-promotional.
- Built out lists: This helps you easily keep track of influencers in your space, media and publications covering your industry and editors who produce helpful content that your followers would be interested in reading. This will also help you build your engagement efforts, too, which is really what social media is all about.
- Post consistently: To steadily grow your followers organically, you must have a consistent presence on social media.
2. Identify your audience
First of all you must set your goals and prepare the way to achieve them, that means planning. Who will be my target audience, who will be responsible for adding content to my feeds, what happens if a follower comments on my publication, who will take care of the response, what social platforms this audience uses, all these variables must be planned in order to be able to control and monitor my social media platforms.
Develop a content calendar of topics that you have a lot of experience with and that your audience wants to know about. You should have a specific focus on what you plan to highlight and the key topics you can add opinions on or emphasize.
3. Prepare your brand
Many brands spin their wheels because they don’t post content that speaks to a defined audience. Spend some time looking at your audience personas, understanding what their challenges are and what brands they already love via social. This sort of competitive analysis can help you understand how your own social media presence can stand out from the crowd.
Remember, building your brand on social media doesn’t happen overnight. It can take years to establish a social media presence and following – so don’t expect to wake up with a blue checkmark next to your name.
4. Seek Relationships, engaging with readers who matter
Having true followers who regularly commit to you and your content is infinitely more valuable than having many followers who ignore you. Social media is your opportunity to speak out. You are letting your community know that you are listening to them – and that you are doing something about it. Not only will it show them that you care about them, but it will help build a long-term relationship of trust.
5. Focus on Helping Over Selling
By offering solutions to problems rather than just launching your products all the time, you’re demonstrating that your company cares about its audience and can win a customer for life.
In 3DforScience more than a provider of visual scientific communication, we care about your allies to bring value to your company and collaborate in the development of projects to highlight the benefit of your product, technology or service.
6. When in Doubt, Get Visual
With so many tools to create social images and videos already out there, it’s easier than ever to get visual with your audience. At 3DforScience we use this type of material in our social media, with the aim of reaching our audience and being able to provide them with the audiovisual material they need for their companies.
Consider imagery such as:
• Team photos or videos
• Photos of customers
• Photos of events
• Behind-the-scenes photos and videos
• Quote photos
How can 3DforScience help you?
3DforScience is a scientific communication company specialized in digital content for the pharma and biotech industries. Our passionate creative team works alongside an in-house scientific team to provide cutting-edge medical animations, scientific illustrations, virtual reality, etc.
Our extensive experience within the field ensures all the content we produce is scientifically accurate, innovative, engaging, and pitched at the right level for the target audience. Would you like to bring your scientific messaging to life? Contact us. We would love to help you create something unique.